Wednesday, July 12, 2017

~ Week 3 ~

TOPIC 1 ~ Instagram Ads

  1. Using Instagram, I looked deeper into a brand advertisement I see quite often. It is a clothing brand called "TenTree".  I first saw their company because it came up as an Ad on Instagram. It caught my eye because their clothing is all very outdoorsy and fun. When I clicked on the page and browsed through their other merchandise, which made me want to buy everything. After already loving their clothing, I noticed the catch. This catch is not an ordinary one in the way it has only positive outcomes. For every item purchased, this company will plant ten trees - hence their name Ten Tree. This made me love the company even more because they are benefitting the earth as well. 
  2. It was a very smart idea for them to do this because I would have never found this company on my own, but since Instagram puts random ads without my choice, then I luckily found this. I would say their target audience is young adults because those are the majority who use social media daily. I would say their ads were definitely working because they trapped me into clicking their ad, clicking their website, signing up for their email list, and eventually buying too many items.
  3. If I was the product manager, I would stay on the path they are already on - using social media. Although I am not positive if they already do this, but I would get our ads out to many other social media sites such as Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Pandora, etc. I have seen an ad once on Facebook, but I personally do not use it that often, so I never see this. I would then continue to get our name out there past social media circumstances, maybe even billboards and buildings to catch the eye of those who are not on social media. 

TOPIC 2 ~ Persuasive Techniques

Works
  1. A TV Ad I see not that often, but is still my favorite is the Budweiser Ads. These ads are most popular with their annual new one that plays during the Super Bowl, but I randomly do see other ones or the same ones played throughout the year. All of the commercials involve horses and puppies. Of course, as an animal lover, the puppies and horses definitely grabbed my attention, but they also all have a sweet story. 
  2. The target audience would be younger adults because they are the ones who love beer. Past the beer factor, I would say the target audience could be women because it involves puppies, which makes everyone fall in love with the ad.
  3. I would say they use the persuasive technique of emotional branding because of the sweet stories involved in the commercial. For example, in the video below, the relationship between the puppy and the horse is so sweet and when they are taken from each other, it just makes you tear up, well at least I do! 
  4. I think using that technique worked because as it got your emotional side going, it may make you want a beer. Or at least, in my case, I don't drink, but am still fond of Budweiser because of their cute commercials!
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p_3lITiK_Q

Major Dud
  1. The advertising commercial for the Law Offices of Jacob Emrani makes me laugh every single time. I have nothing against his law firm, I am sure they are great, but their commercials are so ridiculously filmed that I cannot help but giggle. Different commercials show "reenactments" from accidents that apparently has happened to these couples portrayed in the commercial. The people who are claimed to be "real life" people are so bad at acting and in the photoshopped videos of them being hurt are just over the top fake. 
  2. I would say their target audience is simply anyone who has been hurt in an accident and needed legal assistance. I do not think they are leaning towards any one age group or certain people. 
  3. The persuasive techniques used would be hidden-fear and plain-folks approach. The hidden fear approach is shown because the people sitting at home watching these fake accidents happen may become fearful that it would happen to them. It shows what those people went through and causes the audience to not want to go through the same thing. This causes them to want to take note of this law office in case anything would now happen to them. The plain-folks approach is shown through using regular people. It shows that these types of accidents can happen to anyone at any time. 
  4. I would say that these persuasive techniques didn't necessarily fail, but I wouldn't say they really succeeded either. I think they are good techniques for this type of ad for a law firm, but because the commercial is so ridiculously and poorly filmed, I cannot take those techniques or the ad as a whole seriously. I think if they created a better commercial with higher quality video and effects, then those techniques would be perfect.
  5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEE3rlXGBsU

No comments:

Post a Comment