Wednesday, June 28, 2017

~ Week 1 ~

ALL ABOUT ME

  • My name is Kendra and I am originally from California. I attended OSU this past year and took a few classes at Linn Benton. I plan on majoring in Communications. I am very interested in this class because it may help me learn more about my interests and which specific field I desire to go into with my major. Journalism and media can be connected to many jobs from a communications field, and I hope this class tells me whether I want to lean more towards the media or explore another path. 
  • My passions outside of college include anything outdoors and animals. I enjoy hiking, swimming, the beach, lake, desert, and anything else that doesn't include a roof over my head. Nature helps me think and always puts me in a better mood. Animals on the other hand are another mood-booster for me. I have always had at least one pet and cannot imagine my life without one. Although dogs are my favorite, wildlife is another passion of mine. My passion for animals is mostly due to my love for their happiness, no matter what's happening in my life, I can always look to an animal for a smile, cuddle, or simply just a wag of a tail.

THE INFORMATION YOU CONSUME
  • I would say my three major sources of information include Instagram, Snapchat, and ABC News. Instagram and Snapchat are my "go-to" because they are so easily accessible because of my phone always being with me. I find out many events from friends posts, stories, and the news stories on Snapchat. I do not watch the news often, but sometimes my parents will have it on at random times or it will be on at restaurants and I will learn things from the shows. I think these can all be reliable sources, but I always remember to never believe absolutely everything I hear over any of these sources. Many stories and events may be manipulated and/or changed in the process. If any of the events truly snags my interest, I will usually do more research before I fully believe all of the details. 
  • I am slightly concerned about fake news because I think it is very easy for stories to be slightly changed as each person, newscaster, or social media posts about it. As stated above, I am definitely not blind to the possibility of fake news. I always do more research on an event before I spread the word to others. It is too easy to spread false news and it will only become more messed up as it is spread. I highly encourage others to take the extra steps of doing some research before deeming something as totally true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment